It is your big day and you definitely want to look your best. To celebrate your wedding and have the perfect outfit to go with it, many men choose to wear a tuxedo. However, the fit of the tuxedo is critical to ensure it gives you that formal, classic, and dashing look that you desperately desire. Whether you are considering purchasing your own wedding attire or a tuxedo rental in Los Angeles, here are a few things you should consider.
1. Know Your Measurements Before You Begin Shopping
We get it, planning a wedding is a lot of hard, time-consuming work. You want to speed up the process as much as possible. Additionally, if you are like many men, you don’t want to spend all day shopping and trying to find the perfect look and fit. To help make the entire shopping process a little more enjoyable for everyone, take your basic measurements before you step foot in the store. A few measurements you should know include:
● Your height with your shoes off
● Your weight
● The circumference around your waist (you want to measure by your belly button instead of on your hips)
● Around your hips
● The length of your leg. To do this, measure from your shoe’s arch up to your belly button. Make sure you are wearing more formal shoes or the exact shoes you will wear to the ceremony for exact measurements.
2. Don’t Wear Loose Clothing When Getting Fitted
If you are getting measured, it is wise to wear tighter-fitting clothing. This helps the tailor get more accurate measurements without working around baggy and loose clothing. Clothing such as baggy T-shirts, baggy jeans, even athletic shorts should be avoided if possible.
3. Bring Your Shoes to the Fitting